Military Life Trauma Support

Two weeks ago, I had my Military Life Trauma Support (MLTS) course right after my Pro Exams. Basically, MLTS is Basic Life Trauma Support combine with some military element and thus the name. Our instructors came all the way from Institut Latihan Kesihatan (INSAN), part of the Royal Medical Corps.

The Basic Life Trauma Support consist of a CPR course where we learnt to do CPR (obviously) and the Heimlich Maneuver. We were trained to perform those stuff on adults, children and babies. I won't be going into the details as this blog is not a cure for insomnia. In summary, after 3 days packed with theory and practicals and examination, we finally got our CPR License, at least those that passed.  

The cert and the license


 
For the rest of the week we learnt other immobilizing emergency procedures like how to fasten a cervical collar, how to use a backboard and so on.

Colonel Dr Umar demonstrating how to use a cervical collar

On top of learning MLTS during that one week, we also had our first exposure to the Malaysian Royal Medical Corps where we will be serving after we graduate. So far I'm impressed with what I've seen, very professional and knowledgeable personnel. I hope I'll be able to just as competent and professional later on if not more. 

UPNM Medical Students intake 2010

Comments

Popular Posts