Newton's First Law of Motion

Newton's first law of motion states that: An object at rest remain at rest unless acted upon by a force and an object in motion remains in motion unless acted upon by a force. In other words, objects at rest tends to stay at rest and objects in motion tend to stay in motion.

So once a task has begun, it should be relatively easy to continue doing it, no matter how unpleasant or tiring. So with that in mind, I decided to get my revision for the coming exams in motion, hoping it'll get easier along the way and I'll be well prepared for the finals exams.

On friday night, I planned my entire revision schedule starting from the very next day, Saturday till 2 days before the exam. I was optimistic I could be well prepared and thus I went to bed in high spirits ready to kick ass the next day.

Just as I fell asleep, I was abruptly awoken by someone shaking me and this greeted me the moment I opened my eyes:

Wake up Shimri!!

What happend was that a new set of orders were just given whereby we were to undergo military training the next morning instead of having a free and easy day. So in the middle of the night, we had to drag ourselves out of bed and prepare our gears and equipments for our Obstacle Course Training scheduled for the next day.

When Saturday came, we the medical cadets, dressed in Full-Service-Marching-Order and a Styer AUG strapped to our back,

Marched


Climbed

Scaled walls


Swung across monkey bars


Leaped across barricades



Ford "rivers"



Jumped off "cliffs"



Got dirty and muddy with friends




Pushed on with a smile, even through exhaustion



Fought till the end 




And at the end of the day, we the medical cadets composing of individual from different races, different backgrounds and different personalities all worked together, conquering our fears and achieving new personal achievements.

Medical cadets of 2010 & 2011

If I was asked to name the most important lesson I have learnt since joining the army, I'd say it is "Positive Attitude". I could have been angry as this military exercise messed up my studying schedule, I could have sulked and thrown a tantrum throughout this whole exercise. But since we had to do this exercise, I might else well go through this training with a smile on my face, enjoying it to the max, learning new stuff and gaining new experiences. That is the positive attitude I have learnt.


Since I was the one with the camera, pictures of me are pitifully few. So here is one of the few pictures of me to end this post. Cheers :)


Comments

  1. Just wondering what camera do you use to take all your photos? (: They are all so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your photos look great too :) I'm using a Canon EOS 550D with a 18-200mm lens.

      Delete
    2. Gotta salute you for bringing a bulky DSLR around most of the time as well as in the midst of such training :P Anyways congrats on your winning of the MALAKOFF MUDS and retain your title as the University Men Duathlete of The Year.

      Looking forward for more of your interesting blogposts (:

      Delete
    3. You are the first to understand what a burden the DSLR is :P

      Thank you! I had fun racing :)

      Will certainly try to write more, till then.. cheers :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts